Sunday, July 15, 2007

SmartBro, false as advertised

Smart's SmartBro service in Cebu really sucked! Its all false advertising. You might be tempted in subscribing to their service. Be warned! Here's what I'm getting from their lousy service:

  • Intermittent internet disconnection, specially on weekends

  • Very slow download and upload speed, speedtest tells download is hovering around 150kbps, upload at 100kpbs. I'm supposed to get as high as 512kbps as stated in my plan.

  • As stated in their brochure, you will be getting 7 times the speed of a dial-up connection. Again, false advertisement.

  • It seems SmartBro is filtering my outgoing connections, i have to refresh my browser many times to be able to connect to remote sites. In some cases, i can't browse 3 or more sites simultaneously. This is not the case during the first month I've used SmartBro. I've tried Windows and Linux, the same thing. So its not related to my PC.

  • Customer service can't help either, they can't point out exactly the problem. They could only tell me their site is undergoing maintenance and system upgrade. For how long? Like 3 weeks?

  • Worst, I just switched from Globe, now I have to look for another provider, or just bite my tongue and hope...

1 comment:

Mr D said...

Yeah yeah, I hate bad service. Luckily, i'm using DSL line already. hehehe. I don't need to find another service. I'm happy with it.

Some of my friends on the internet say that some countries have "free" WIFI or wireless connection around, fast too. Hopefully our crountry will do that too! Free and Fast!